Geeks are generally stereotyped as socially awkward with an inability to strike up a conversation with the opposite sex. These 13 geekiest pickup lines, compiled from McSweeney’s Ineffective Pickup Lines For the Modern Internet Persona, might just prove that fact. Pro tip: you might not want to use these when trying to score a Valentine’s Day date.
Have you ever heard a totally geeky pickup line at a tech conference, geek convention, or meet-up? Share them with us in the comments!
- “Do you come here often? I do. I’m the Foursquare mayor, actually, which means I come here more than anyone else. That reminds me, I need to check in . . . “
- “My Klout score is an 83, which makes me a Thought Leader. There’s a lot of pressure to stay relevant and forward thinking, when you’re that influential. A few subpar tweets and I could be downgraded to Specialist. I mean, not that there’s anything wrong with being a Specialist . . . You’re not a Specialist, are you?”
- “My US Alexa ranking is 22K, which is fairly impressive for a blog about soft cheeses. It’s not always smooth sailing, though. It can be difficult coming up with compelling content. Brie sort of loses its luster after a few years, you know?
Here is our take on the Geekiest pick-up lines:
- “You know, Einstein was a sexual deviant.”
- “Can iTouch?”
- “You can level up with me anytime.”
- “Is that a pop-up or are you just happy to see me?”
- “How big is your hard drive?”
- “Can I buy you a drink while explaining the big bang theory?”
- “Let’s get together and merge our layers.”
- “I’m attracted to you so strongly, scientists will have to develop a fifth fundamental force.”
- “Care to come upstairs and let me master your dungeon?”
- “How many drinks does it take to get you to CHMOD 777?”